As a social enterprise energy company, Enova is pretty unique.
We have the vision to be Australia’s leading social enterprise in creating self-sustaining communities. And, at the same time, we work hard to deliver exceptional customer service as an electricity retailer throughout NSW.
As you can imagine, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes!
It means that our team is so much more than a call centre! We’re lucky to work with incredibly skilled project managers, community development workers, writers and energy industry fanatics.
We collaborate and innovate, not just in new renewable energy projects, but also in ensuring the benefits of our projects really can and do reach local people in local communities.
We’re constantly figuring out how to bring new technologies to life at the local level. We’re at the forefront of taking up the newest of technologies to enable our pioneering approaches to solar gardens, microgrids, virtual power plants and other initiatives to ensure we deliver on our goals of increasing the amount of renewable energy generated, stored and shared in local areas. All of this in a fast-paced, competitive and highly regulated energy environment.
To celebrate our achievements this year – as an energy social enterprise – we’ve put together this short video, in which Felicity Stening, Enova CEO, gives an overview of Enova’s year.
- We delivered our biggest project to date as a company, which was our expansion to cover the whole of NSW and our customer base continues to grow!
- We’re now looking toward entering the Queensland market by mid-2020.
- We also delivered Australia’s first solar garden – a key milestone in our objective to provide renewable energy access to everyone.
- We were recognised with an award in social enterprise excellence by the NSW Business Chamber.
- We've grown and created an extra thirteen jobs in the local economy.
- And in the meantime, we’re directing funds to organisations delivering important outcomes in the community. This year we gave $20,000 to two important organisations.
To find out more about all these developments and achievements please take a look!