The energy Market in Australia is run by an organisation called The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
AEMO’s vision is to deliver energy security for all Australians. (AEMO) is responsible for operating Australia’s largest gas and electricity markets and power systems, including the:
- National Electricity Market (NEM), the interconnected power system in Australia’s eastern and south-eastern seaboard
- Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) and power system in Western Australia.
- Victorian Declared Wholesale Gas Market (DWGM) and the Victorian gas transmission system.
- Wholesale gas Short Term Trading Market hubs in Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane.
- Retail Gas Markets in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales and Australia Capital Territory.
- Wallumbilla and Moomba Gas Supply Hub in Queensland and South Australia.
- Natural Gas Services Bulletin Board.
- Western Australia Gas Bulletin Board.
As Australia’s independent energy markets and power systems operator, AEMO provides critical planning, forecasting and power systems information, security advice, and services to our stakeholders.