Renewable Development Initiative (RDI)
Enova’s vision is of a community serving itself, providing its own renewable energy to meet its needs, at competitive prices, and with all in the community able to participate in the shift to renewables.
We will progressively achieve the vision by:
- Encouraging more efficient use of energy through education
- Encouraging and aggregating community demand for renewable energy
- Purchasing existing domestic and business supply at a generous feed-in tariff and encouraging the installation of additional renewable technologies in households and businesses
- Selling a range of GreenPower products, and
- Selling a product to enable you to contribute to the development of a renewable generation fund. This will build an auditable fund to be applied to the development of community generation projects and potentially to invest in them
- Calling for expressions of interest and facilitating the development of community renewable generation projects
In June 2016, Enova’s first customer joined us. At the time, we launched a number of energy plans including the ‘Renewable Development Initiative Plan (RDI)’. Customers on the RDI plan chose to forfeit their pay-on-time monthly discount and in doing so have contributed to a fund to assist in setting up community solar projects, that:
1. Help our community to reduce energy consumption and therefore our environmental footprint.
2. Help non-profit organisations to invest in solar panels.
3. Contribute to the ‘pool’ of solar that we can now harness and sell back to other Enova customers.
The other important spin off benefits to the community are that we have been able to generate more work for solar installers, we have been able to create jobs for the Northern Rivers region of NSW (Enova is growing and we have recruited some new team members as a result) and we are working hard to turn the traditional energy supply models on their head and make a strong step forward in our desire to help all Australians to transition to affordable renewable energy as quickly as possible.
As of September 2017, all Enova Energy plans enable all its customers access to support our RDI via a an optional extra to your choice of energy plans.
All customers can choose to make a positive impact on the environment by selecting up to three affordable additional renewable energy options:
1. Community Renewable 100: 100% Community generated Renewable Energy, sourced from the Enova community of prosumers (producer-customers).
2. Renewable Development Initiative (RDI): Help kick-start Renewable by contributing to work involved in creating community solar projects and increase their viability.
3. GreenPower 100: Choose affordable Australian Government accredited 100% GreenPower – and help tip the scales away from fossil fuels.
How You Can Help
- Buy an Enova plan that suits you. Consider our Renewable Development Initiative fund option.
- Tell your neighbour about our goal to become a self-sufficient community.
- Install renewables
- Become a Volunteer