Renewable Development Initiative (RDI)
Enova’s vision is of a community serving itself, providing its own renewable energy to meet its needs, at competitive prices, and with all in the community able to participate in the shift to renewables.
In the short term there is insufficient renewable energy available in the community to meet immediate demand let alone fulfil all energy needs.
However, we will progressively achieve the vision by:
- Encouraging more efficient use of energy through education
- Encouraging and aggregating community demand for renewable energy
- Purchasing existing domestic and business supply at a generous feed-in tariff and encouraging the installation of additional renewable technologies in households and businesses
- Selling a range of GreenPower products, and
- Selling a product to enable you to contribute to the development of a renewable generation fund. This will build an auditable fund to be applied to the development of community generation projects and potentially to invest in them
- Calling for expressions of interest and facilitating the development of community renewable generation projects
- When there is sufficient new renewable community energy available we will offer a new community renewable product.
How You Can Help
- Buy an Enova product that suits you. Consider our Renewable Energy Fund Product
- Tell your neighbour about our goal to become a self-sufficient community
- Install renewables
- Become a Volunteer