Enova Community Energy recently hosted a packed-out event at the Byron Theatre, inspired by the positive changes coming our way and, in some cases, already starting to disrupt the energy industry as we know it.
The panel members discussed microgrids, solar gardens, peer-to-peer trading, regulatory reforms and places in the world that are achieving world-leading emissions reduction targets.
Unanimously the panel expressed excitement about the future and the potential for new technologies that are bringing a decentralised, decarbonised economy into play.
We hope you enjoy this production of a fantastic event, full of inspiring content for a positive, connected, clean energy future. Please feel free to share it far and wide.
In the film you’ll hear from:
- Start: MC Mark Swivel, with introductions.
- 1m 54sec: Delta Kay, Arakwal custodian and proud Arakwal Bumberbin woman, with her Welcome To Country.
- 4m 43sec: The panel discussion, facilitated by Mark Swivel, with:
- Enova Energy CEO Felicity Stening;
- 2040 Director Damon Gameau;
- Renew Economy Editor Giles Parkinson; and,
- LO3 Director Australia, Belinda Kinkead.
- 56m 35sec: Q&A Discussion asking & answering questions submitted by the audience, with Mark and the Panel.
- 1hr 20m 5sec: The panel’s response to the question: What’s your Blue Sky idea?
- 1hr 23min 20sec: "Channel Your Energy" with Zero Emissions Byron, Repower Byron Shire, RenewFest and the Enova Community Energy Coaches.
To find out more check out these websites:
We’d like to thank Byron Community Centre for their support and our community partners Zero Emissions Byron and COREM (Community Owned Renewable Energy Mullumbimby).
We enjoyed a wide-ranging discussion during the event. If you’re watching this for the first time and feel compelled to ask questions or join the discussion, please feel free to post your comments below.