Enova Community is the not-for-profit arm of Enova Community Energy
As a social enterprise, Enova Community Energy will return 50% of profits (after tax and reinvestment) from its retail arm Enova Energy, into Enova Community, to help facilitate a range of community projects focused on energy efficiency and community owned renewable energy.
Based in Byron Bay, Enova Community Ltd is the not-for-profit arm of Enova Community Energy. A registered charity, we work to help all members of the community reduce their energy use and access renewables.
Enova Community’s objectives are to:
Advancing the natural environment by
• reducing carbon emissions generated through the consumption of fossil fuel energy.
• promoting development and use of renewable energy resources.
Advancing social or public welfare of communities by relieving energy poverty and assisting low socio-economic groups by undertaking the following activities
• educating low income households in the efficient use of energy and the means of lowering energy consumption
• assisting low income households and disadvantaged communities to install energy saving and renewable energy technologies
• working with community organisations and welfare agencies to finance shape and deliver social benefit projects that ensure the community as a whole can be included in the shift to renewable energy.